Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Free Fall

Free fall's a comin'
The summer made you wanna guess
why children were crying
In spite of love and tenderness

We're on the same highway
But we're traveling in different ways
I'm heading for the sunshine
You're heading for the haze 

middle progression:
Wanna come with me 
or don't you wanna go there?
Brush out your hair, 
I'll take you for a ride
Take a look around 
and picture dirty snow there
Then take a look at me 
and see there's nowhere to hide

Laughing in a vacuum, 
crying with your eyes closed
It's hard to touch your moods
when you're not sure yourself
I've stopped my trend of thought 
and am getting down to business
But when I came to bring you down
you fell off the shelf

Empty days are filling
my cup is runneth over
So much to see
I've lost sight of you
Free fall's the time 
to laugh about the summer
And joke about the times 
You said I wouldn't get through

return to main:
Free fall's a comin'
The summer made you want to guess
Why children were crying
In spite of love and tenderness

Summer? I loved you
but I fear you'll always be the same
a cesspool of pleasure
a lover who doesn't have a name

-Free fall,
ah free fall 
Free fall
I loved you free fall

A Religious Fall (Free Fall Revisited):
Savior's a-comin'
The pie is falling from the sky
The world will get itself together
Under one religious high

September 18, 1971
from "Favorites" 

No comments:

Post a Comment