Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Frozen Glass

Do the things you do make you want 
to begin at the beginning again?
When the fog rose one dark night
in fright you thought you were dead

No man likes a slut for long
In ten years you will know you were wrong
When you do and it makes you cry
Don't call me up; just ask yourself why

Like a cork on water I flowed on an ocean of semen
I carry the load waiting for my next voyage.
Like frozen glass, it shatters on you
Glass that won't melt what I've been through; you can't.

My window eyes see your life full of bullshit...get back
I see you looking at me in the shadow of a TV tube
I listened as Kantner told me how to let go
I told you how to go about letting go

Forty-five mind revolutions per minute
All the people changing forward
You stay the same; backward, sluttish
You did me more than I needed you

Make believe you're sleeping
To hear what I'm saying about you
You are better for getting out of
What everyone else was getting into

I am poor at hand...rich in wisdom
You had better stop thinking
Listen to the silence
Start a new trend of thought

Even though you're gifted with life's necessities 
It doesn't mean you own a monopoly on yourself
If you have trouble coming through
Go down deep, up and in

Do the things that you did make you want
to begin at beginning again?
When your bottom fell through
did you try to climb back in?

Did you need me more than I needed you?
Make believe you're sleeping now
so you can hear what I'm saying 
All I got was a Pat on my head

October 3-10, 1971
from Favorites
revised January 4, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment