Saturday, January 6, 2018

I Feel Better in Miami

I feel better when you look at me
I feel my heart in Miami
with my hands on your ears
my gusty nose a-blowing
a freebie falls on flat feet
when blue Cuba is revolting
I feel better in Miami
you feel better when you're there

You try better in revival
with your every inch committed
you know just where you're going
when you go in all directions
when Bill spills beers with bouncers
and Blue Cuba is revolting
you fly straighter when revival
adds reason to your floating

I look better tanned with Barbara
black and sweet with Maureen
a slave in palace blanca
all the way home...all the way home
for Barbara feels her bounty
way down home in Gumption
and Maureen would love money
way down upon the Swanee River

1971
from Favorites
revised Jan 6, 2018
Originally titled "Why Violence Ain't So Bad"

No comments:

Post a Comment